Ads by Google

Worth all the work ....

KlondikeKlondike General Member Total Posts: 1

Since I am unable to hand embroider any more, I originally thought that saving up and purchasing an embroidery machine would be worth it. It is, but .... I was in for an education on all of the extra work. BUT it is so worth it ... I can create elegant gifts, funny characters, written messages that will last as long as the quilt does. Yes, my most favorite thing to design and create are quilts. I use to embroider just an appropriate design on the back with a poem .... Now over half of the blocks on the front are embroidered - WOW! it has added so much more. Bottom Line: I like to make people smile and feel special; with embroidery - it has made it possible. Txs for listening!

This is a king quilt created to commemorate 35 years for EOT in 2016. All 25 countries flags were handmade and appliqued by me. The Countries names were machine embroidered in the margins by a friend (after this I purchased my first embroidery machine). Unfortunately this pic does not do it justice. Raffle tickets were sold; fund raiser for scholarship fund. It was a great success.

Oh yes, the other thing I truly enjoy is to create one quilt per year for various fund raisers in my community.

Sew

Comments

• SewSew Administrator Total Posts: 1,389

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful embroidery project with us ❤️